Our focus is on the empowerment of the individual through respecting decisions and choice making, promoting dignity, developing skills, encouraging independence, facilitating integration into the community and respecting the rights and roles of all human beings.
The Respite Program
The aim of this program is to encourage social inclusion and to provide carers with a break from the caring role, preventing premature, permanent placement in long term / permanent residential care.
Activities undertaken include:
DEMENTIA SUPPORT (MEMORY LANE)
Memory Lane is an innovative dementia specific respite program with a focus on small group dementia care allowing your loved one the opportunity to participate in recreational and social opportunities with other people in a positive and meaningful way and within a safe environment.
Memory Lane also provides the opportunity for carers to take a break from their caring role and offer Respite care that can provide:
• A chance to spend time with other friends and family, or to just relax.
• Time to take care of errands such as shopping, exercising, getting a haircut or going to the doctor.
• Comfort and peace of mind knowing that the person with dementia is spending time with another caring individual.
Respite care services can give the person with dementia an opportunity to:
• Interact with others having similar experiences
• Spend time in a safe, supportive environment
• Participate in activities designed to match personal abilities and needs.
Our programs are developed in consultation with an array of aged care specialists We have trained staff to implement programs which incorporate:
• Meaningful recreational activities developed in consultation with various professionals in the industry,
• personal hygiene supports including toileting, showering and personal grooming,
• medication needs,
• nutritionally approved meals,
• personal development opportunities with a focus on the individual needs of the client.
Memory Lane Operates
Memory Lane operates 1 day per fortnight from 10.00am to 2.00pm. We operate with a 1 staff to 3 consumer ratio.
Eligible Attendees at Memory Lane
Requirements to participate in The Click include:-
•Eligibility under the Home and Community Care Guidelines and Queensland Community Care Guidelines.
THE SATURDAY PROGRAM
Provides quality recreation opportunities for young people with a disability, enabling carers to have some time out so they can continue in their caring role for longer. Trained staff implement programs which incorporate recreational activities, socialisation, personal hygiene support, medication needs and personal development opportunities with a focus on the individual needs of the consumer.